Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
LEGAL TO STRIP NAKED AT AIRPORT
hairyd posted:
Any Comments on this guys???? Of course this was copied. ( webpronews, Jun 20
When 50-year-old John E. Brennan was asked to submit to a pat-down inspection at Portland International Airport, he opted instead of
shed every bit of clothing in protest of the TSA's request . As a result of the ensuing nudity, Brennan was arrested on charges of indecent exposure. However, a judge on Wednesday ruled in favor of the naked protestor, claiming the man's actions were a protected form of free speech.

"It is the speech itself that the state is seeking to punish, and that it cannot do," Circuit Judge David Rees explained. Prosecutors, meanwhile, argue that Brennan did not announce his intentions to protest the TSA's request until after his pants had hit the floor.

"I also was aware of the irony of taking off my clothes to protect my privacy," Brennan sad . "They're getting as close to seeing us naked as they can. And we are upping the ante. I wanted to show them it's a two-way street. I don't like a naked picture of me being available."

However, before you start shedding clothes to irritate the nearest TSA agent, you should know that the court's decision does not affect nudity laws in other jurisdictions. Although you might be able to cite this case as precedent, chances are you're going to have a hard time getting your point across if you're just getting naked for the sake of getting naked.

If you're interested in reading some trivia about the Transportation Security Administration presented as an Infographic, take a look at the image embedded below.
Stay HEALTH, you are the the fastest Sperm from your Father.

doogood responded:
I think this is a great resonse to the rediculous acts that take place today. So many people are being pushed to their breaking points and then those in charge can;t understand why an individual has such an "unusual" reaction. Does anyone else remember the movie "Falling Down" with Micheal Douglas? It's about a defence contract employee that reaches his breaking point. I understand that this is not normal or acceptable behavior, but once in a awhile it's a relief to hear about one person pushing back against a seemingly stuid beauracratic "request".

Jumper2011 replied to doogood's response:
On the flip side (and playing devils advocate), passengers willingly and openly agree to TSA searches by the mere simple fact they purchased a plane ticket. That plane ticket is a legal, binding contract between the passenger, the airport and the airline. Until people stop flying and the airlines see a huge drop is cash profits (and airlines are cash rich regardless of what "losses" they report), the TSA will continue doing what they do. If people don't want to deal with the hassle of security, they should look for other ways to travel.

doogood replied to Jumper2011's response:
Excellent point! I am entering into a contract with the airlines, etc. Which is exactly why I prefer to drive whenever possible. Not always a practical solution I will admit, but an alternative to putting more money into the airlines. And I do understand that because of the violent acts of the few, the majority of us are impacted now when we travel. And I have a choice if I want to participate in the elaborate measures needed (?) to keep all of us safer or get into my own vehicle and control my travel. yes, I know there are risks with that too. 6 of one half dozen of another But I still like the guys reaction. If you really want to see if I'm carrying anthing I shouldn't be then get a real good look!

jmgg5000 replied to doogood's response:
if a TSA told me to strip to check if i had anything i would feel comfy stripping i mean i have nothing to hide. if it means i will have a safe plane ride why not.

ontbear responded:
hi would I strip for the safety of others and I would hope they would do it for us -- do it do it

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married,male,crossdresser,bi-sexual. I am a happily married man who loves to dress in womens clothes.I have a very supportive wife that knows I`m bi-s...More

Helpful Tips

Tip
It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you dont do it in the street and frighten the horses.-- Mrs. Patrick Campbell ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.