Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it ok to masturbate
tido1987 posted:
Hi. I am a Morman and I was wondering if it is ok to masturbate.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

exprzzionz responded:
Tido I firmly believe masturbation is OK for you and anyone else. I can tell you that I have been masturbating since age twelve and I enjoy it.

I also believe it's healthy for a man to masturbate because it empty's the prostate. If you feel the need to masturbate then by all means you should. Do not be ashamed to masturbate it's normal for Guys and Girls alike.

Let me asure you many men have taken matters into their own hands and loved every minute of it.

Obviously from the frame of your question you may feel there is a religious reson for not doing so and those are questions only you can sort out. Speaking for myself and all the men on here we encourage you to do so if you wish.

gymrat44 responded:
Have you ever given someone a really special gift which meant a lot to you and you really wanted them to enjoy it and you think it was truly wonderful, among the best things ever? And the person you gave the gift to smiled and said thank-you -- but you can see that it's still in it's package, they've never used it! Don't you feel sad and disappointed?

That's the kind of sadness and disappointment I would think a Creator would feel if he had crafted someone a penis and scrotum and filled it with wonderful feelings and the guy He gave it to didn't get as much enjoyment out of it as possible!

As for my part I would say get hard, rub thankfully and ejaculate with praise and thanksgiving for such a truly magnificent gift which will be with you all of your life. There to give you children, to give you an identity, to reassure you and comfort you when you are alone. Find out how many responsible ways you can use it with delight -- that's how I see it. Others, of course, may see things differently.

hairyd responded:
This is a question. Only You can answer. Our God has given us many pleasure for our body. Food, water, sex. WE should limit them all. I would advise never to use masturbation. To replace the female body.
AS a young man you may want to discuss this with your father. Since I know you have masturbated. What is your thoughts after the pleasure of your penis rub?
Stay HEALTH, you are the the fastest Sperm from your Father.

fcl replied to hairyd's response:
You think masturbating is wrong, HairyD?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Anon_527 replied to hairyd's response:
Why are you presuming the original poster is male and has masturbated?

Do you feel masturbation is wrong but premarital sex is OK?

tido1987 responded:
I am 14 and have never masturbated. In our religion it says to stay sexually pure. So does that mean for me not to or is it ok. And I have never had a wet dream or ejaculated. I don't have arm pit hair or leg hair. I have a little down there hair but that's it. My voice hasn't changed either. Am I late.

hairyd replied to tido1987's response:
tido, since you selected a male pic. I am answering you question as a would my son or male patience. I thought you may have been a older youth. Since the age restriction is fourteen.
Do not be concerned about your body hair. You are still young; each male growth is different. Wet dreams will also be later. But there is not pleasure Your asleep. Just the cum on the linens to explain to your Mom.
I know masturation is healthy. But to many males can not enjoy sex with a female. Because they will not limit (or have trained themselve to only climax with masturbation. But as stated I would ask you to discuss this with your father or church leader. A man should be willing to talk about SEX and their body with another Man. If you prefer ask your parents for a doctor exam. I find some youth prefer to talk with a doctor.
It has to be your personal choice when You masturabate for the first time.. It you think it is wrong then. Please do not rub it. Because someone on this site told you .
There is a time for all things. You will know if and when it is your time. You maybe twenty. I would quess maybe 01% of men have not masturbated. That maybe you choice also.
Also understand that premarital sex is a personal choice. Because of unwanted pregancy and disease this also should be a personal choice. But also know That our God give us a strong SEX DRiVE. You will know this more as your body becomes a adult. ENJOY WATCHING YOUR BODY BECOME A MAN. AS You would watch the slow growth of a tree.

hairyd replied to hairyd's response:
Also know that in the early 19th century and before. It was the normal for men to marry. Therefore father children when they were 14 / 15 years. Our Male body is the same as theirs. Appreciation your penis and the pleasure It will give you.

exprzzionz replied to hairyd's response:
Hairy D I'm with you on almost everything except for one thing. There seems to be a bit of anti-masturbation bias lurking in your comments.

Marriage in the old days was as you described it. Now everyone can choose and more and more are choosing not to choose marriage. I'm among that particular demographic in the Boomer crowd whose marriage went sour and have not been fortunate enough to find a new mate. I'm not the least bit attrackted to the beefy look so common among boomers ! My faith teaches against masturbation and the like. I personally choose to masturbate because I don't know that sanity would be possible without it and I like the way it feels I always have (age 12) . People can't get married just because church and society think you should I like to think it takes Love and that is one thing I do not have. Is it lonely like that? Yes, but I haven't any choice in the matter.

Secondly the prostate gland benifits from regular ejaculation which is either done by masturbation or through sex.

I'd like to hear what your comments are regarding my own situation in light of the progression of this discussion so far.

hairyd replied to exprzzionz's response:
WHY IS EVERYONE QUESTION MY COMMENTS. YES I HAVE MASTURBATION SINCES I WAS YOUNG MALE. YES I HAD PRE MARITIAL SEX AT THIRTEEN. YES I HAVE A STRONG SEX DRIVEFOR FEMALE S. YES I WAS AND IS ABLE TO DISCUSS SEX WITH MY FATHER. OTHER DOCTORS, MALES ETC.

BUT, IT IS NOT MY PLACE TO TELL A YOUNG MAN TO COMMIT WHAT HIM AND I WERE TAUGHT TO BE A SIN!
I HAVE TO ANSWER FOR MY SINS.......ONLY.....

I AGREE WITH YOU.. I SEE A MALE PIC AND YOUR COMMENTS. YOUR OVER 18.

TIDO HAS TO MAKE HIS CHOICE. HOW AND WHEN HE STARTS A NORMAL SEX LIFE. AS EACH MALE SHOULD.
FOR ME TO TELL HIM "TO DO IT. WOULD BE RAPE!!!!!!!

HE IS A WISE MAN FOR ASKING THE QUESTION. BUT HE SHOULD ASK HIS FATHER OR DOCTOR.

YES I KNOW THERE IS SIN IN THIS WORLD. I KNOW WE WILL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR THESE SINS. GOD SENT US A BOOK THAT EXPLAINS THIS...WHEN YOU SEE LIFE AND DEATH DAILY YOU KNOW THIS IS TRUE.

PLEASE NO REPLYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iT NOT MY JOB TO PREACH!!!!!!!!!!'
NOR IS THIS THE THREAD FOR THIS DISCUSSION. tHANKS

No need to yell, HairyD. I know you don't want any replies but I'm curious about something that you said.

"TIDO HAS TO MAKE HIS CHOICE. HOW AND WHEN HE STARTS A NORMAL SEX LIFE. AS EACH MALE SHOULD.
FOR ME TO TELL HIM "TO DO IT. WOULD BE RAPE!!!!!!!"

How do you equate giving a guy advice to rape? I don't see the connection. Can you clarify, please?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

hairyd replied to fcl's response:
FCL, I have always deemed rape a terrible crime. Therefore I do not use the word freely.
But to give abusive or improper advice to initiated / encourage / compel a male or female to submit or participate in a sexual acts before they are mentally and physicaly wanting and desiring the pleasure of sex. Is not the
advice a youth needs.

If Tido jerks It because he was told every man doeS it. He will not have hHis own Pleasure. On waiting until He is ready. Also if he learns ONLY to pleasure his PENIS with his HANDS. He will be a "BAD" LOVE.

Sorry for yelling we each give our advice some GOOD or
BAD. Each thread gives information. The person with the
Question has to make the call. What is the right Option for issue.We are wriing to help this person. I use all the information that the person gives me. I do not presume anything. But as PERSON, A MAN, AND A BOY. I have experience LIFE.
I have walked where they are walking in life. I only know what I Would, Could or Should have Done.

hairyd replied to fcl's response:
Answer to your next question. No I have never rape a female

Yes, Many a time in my youth. I deliberately enticing many females to engage in sexual behaviour thru seduction. The pleasure they received, BUT. I never was untruthful. Iam SURE some; I lead astray into a behavioral choice they would not have made. If they were not in a state of sexual arousal. I have No regrets. But as a wiser man NOW. I know the value of a female virginity.

"Answer to your next question"

Please don't assume things about me. There is absolutely no reason for me to ask that question. If you felt that it was important for you to reveal that information, fine. Don't use me as a mouthpiece ...

Spotlight: Member Stories

63-year-old man with a small intact/uncut penis which I enjoy. I am completely comfortable being nude around other men, and talking about sexual subje...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.