Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sex with herpes...
An_248658 posted:
if both partners have been diagnosed with herpes 2 (girl got it from the guy from unprot sex), is there a problem with them continuing with unprot sex?

elle0317 responded:
no, they can continue to carry on as normal.

VLT1951 replied to elle0317's response:
guess if they are both monogamous, that'll work. otherwise, they are open to whatever baggage their other partners bring to the table. thanks for replying.

elle0317 replied to VLT1951's response:
Of course. Every time you are with a new partner there are new risks. But for two people who both have genital herpes, there is no risk for them to continue on in a faithful relationship.

sofivergara11 responded:
With a few precautions and a lot of imagination, there's no reason genital herpes needs to put a damper on your sex life.

elle0317 replied to sofivergara11's response:
There are no precautions required when both partners have HSV2. The only time you would possibly avoid sex would be if you have an active flare-up and it is too painful to have sex.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the INCEL, formerly known as NoBucket...geeez..this website is harder to navigate than FB!!! At least I was able to get a reply to my Sexual Iss...More

Helpful Tips

Tip
It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you dont do it in the street and frighten the horses.-- Mrs. Patrick Campbell ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.