Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lichen Sclerosis
OnlyMeHere posted:
Has anyone heard of it? If so, is there a way to permanently get rid of it? I do not want to live without sex for the rest of my life! All I do is cry! I feel like an outcast.

I just do not know what to do!

fcl responded:
What kind of treatment has your doctor given you?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lichen-sclerosus/DS00725/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

OnlyMeHere replied to fcl's response:
I think I have read every website on here about the topic! This is the name of the powerful coretesteroid the doctor gave me: Clobetasol Propionate USP 0.05%. I have been using it for a month a half from 2-4xa day and nothing. I know by now I am immune.

Sex is not dirty to me. I love it, want it so bad. It is this dam thing that is stopping.

Thank Goodness I have a dr appt for this because I am so abnnoyed!

fcl replied to OnlyMeHere's response:
Glad to hear you're getting it treated properly. As there are several treatment options, fingers crossed that you'll find the right one at your next appointment. I hope it isn't causing you too much pain. I suppose if you have to be grateful for small mercies, at least it isn't contagious...

Good luck!

PS - I don't know whether you realized it or not but the "dirty" comment wasn't intended for you - it's my signature
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

OnlyMeHere replied to fcl's response:
OK, long story short, my doc was giving me the wrong medicine. I went in there and she decided since it was getting no better with treatment, she wanted me to see her senior partner. Well he has 17 more years experience. He gave me 2 cremes, I said something during talking telling him alot. Long story short, it is stress urinary incontinence. They are doing a test to see how much then putting me in hospital to correct this thing so all is much better now. God Bless You!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Happily married with one son. Enjoy traveling. I am healthy and active and continue to stay physically in shape, spending time at the gym working out ...More

Helpful Tips

Tip
It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you dont do it in the street and frighten the horses.-- Mrs. Patrick Campbell ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.