Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    45 male with erection problems
    spike231 posted:
    ok here is the deal, I am 45 I have type II diabetes. I have noticed that my erections are not fully as hard as they once were, and I don't get them near as often. sometimes during sex i will lose what erection i have. what is going on? and is this reversible? I went to see a Dr about two months ago he gave me some samples of Cialis but they did nothing to help the issue.. what else can i do?
    gymrat44 responded:
    I'd suggest you go see your doctor and tell him that the Cialis wasn't all that helpful for you.

    Medicine is often more of an art than a science and the first thing you try might not be what you need.

    Stay on top of looking after yourself and keep working at it. That's certainly a good thing to be doing!
    RobertPatrick responded:
    You have Type II diabetes, which is the cause for your ed. A majority of diabetes patients exp ED problem. Excess sugar level in diabetic patient damages blood vessels and affects the flow of blood to the penile area, then due to improper blood supply to the penile area results in erectile dysfunction. Ed is common in diabetic patients.
    RobertPatrick responded:
    Another thing i want to tell you. If you want to diagnose ED problem then first of all reduce you blood sugar. After that have some herbal remedy which is side effects free to cure Ed.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    well 1st im bi, 2nd im only 13,and 3rd I would feel better if only men responded to my questions.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.