Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    What is this condition?
    An_208310 posted:
    For the past several months, my wife and I have tried to have intimate intercourse, but each time I run into a problem. We can have intercourse, and I always climax early. This is not the problem; I used to be able to keep going. Now, I can try with all of my might, and I can not keep an erection. This is not a problem that a 20 yr. old should have. I have not always had this problem, but it is beginning to hurt my wife's feeling. She thinks that I no longer want her and I don't find her attractive. I do find her very attractive; I find her irresistible. Someone, please help me before this ruins my marriage.
    abe648 responded:
    First of all your need to talk to your wife and tell her that this issue has nothing to do with you loving or not loving her. This sounds like an erectile dysfunction and would urge you to post this same discussion on the erectile dysfunction exchange. Although this condition is more common in older men this can happen to any one even at a young age like yourself. The good news is that it there is treatments for this and I urge you to follow up on this at that
    An_208311 replied to abe648's response:
    I have read the symptoms of ED, and what I am having is not that. I am having premature ejaculation, and according to what I've been reading, it is caused from me worrying about failing.
    abe648 replied to An_208311's response:
    I would still recomend that you post over there as at the present time that is the best place. Perhaps someone over there can help you.

    Also go and your regular Doc and tell him about your concerns and perhaps he can refer you to a epecialist that can help you treat your PE issue.

    One thing you can do is try masturbating before sex and even maybe twice a day so that when you go to make love to your wife you do not have the failure issue as it will take you longer to ejaculate. The only thing is if you are trying to concieve this is not a good thing to do as it will deplete the amount of sperm.

    Hope that helps
    An_208312 replied to abe648's response:
    Thanks Abe for all of your input. I posted under the ED exchange; no comments yet. As for the doctor, he passed me on anti-depressants; they worked to an extent then quit. I stopped taking them because I felt dependent upon them. As for masturbating, I already do that, and it has not affected with conceiving. My wife and I are expecting, and she will be here next month. :)

    abe648 replied to An_208312's response:
    Congrats on the soon to be arrival of a baby for both of you. :-)

    I dealt with this issue and I cannot say if what I am about to tell you works but I read in sex manual years ago that if you have PE to resolve this issue it takes time to correct it. The reason why it takes time to correct it is because you have to train your mind and penis sensitivity to be corrected.

    For this to work it will take the assistance of your wife and I am sure she will be willing to help if it will mean that your issue will be helped.

    What I had read was that to correct this you have your wife pleasure your manually (like masturbation) only she does it and she does it till just before you are about to cum you tell her to STOP. You wait till the urge to cum has subsided and she then continues and again when you feel that you are about to cum you tell her to STOP. Do this approx 3 times and then proceed to intercourse on the 4 go around. You still most likely will have some PE but continue this exercise each time the two of you decide to have intercourse and in time you should be able to retrain you mind and the sensitivity of your penis to work together till you are able to last longer and longer while in your wife. I would give this a try for at least 3 months and see if it extends the amt of time you can be inside your wife before you cum.

    Another thing I found that helps is if your wife is on top of you or in some position where you do not have to move. If you do not do any thrusting and just do not move it seems to help extend you time before you cum inside of your wife.

    I understand that this may be a bit difficult especially once the baby is born so I would do the exercises and once the baby is born ask her to finish you on the 4th go around. When she is not up to having intercourse with you after the baby is born.

    I hope this works for you. If you are getting some results from this let me know and I will check back in about 2-3 weeks to see how things are going. I am sure that it is very frustrating to not be able to last and at the same time your wife is not satisfied either and so you feel terrible as well.

    If this works for you then all I ask is that you check this board and also the ED board and the men's board and seek out others like you and help them to find correction for this condition.

    God Bless your family and I do pray that this works for you. :-)

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Hi Guys, well I'm just one of these guys always liked sex, masturbation when it helps, live most of my life at the moment as a naturist here in Gr...More

    Helpful Tips

    being gay,bi,straight,lesbian,transgender
    if it makes you happy to be gblst, who cares what others think! More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 12 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.