Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Unaroused Semen Discharge
    An_251037 posted:
    Lately I am noticing a small to moderate amount of semen in my underwear without any arousal/sexual thoughts. I am pretty sure it is semen in that it does not have a purulent type smell and well looks, feels and smells like my semen. It seems to happen after I use the bathroom (#2). This has happened thrice now over the last two weeks. I am in my mid 30's, sexually active with one partner, not taking any drugs and have not regularly masturbated in almost 4 months. Oh, and have been under some emotional stress lately. Is this normal? Should I seek medical attention?

silverteenager responded:
    dude this is prostate fluid from the pressure you exert when you go # 2 totally normal
    it's not the size of the pencil it is how you sign your name

Twyce1222 replied to silverteenager's response:
    Thx man, this helpful.

gymrat44 responded:
    Yup, this has happened to me in the past when I was busy and not giving my penis enough attention. Sounds like some regular masturbation in addition to your being sexually active could take care of the situation.

Movement of stool out the intestines will exert pressure on the prostate and surrounding area -- I found that when I was over-busy the semen would come out right after a bowel movement while I was still on the toilet. I increased my schedule of penile productivity and the problem has never returned.

And by the way -- some additional masturbation might help you with your stress at the same time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married with 3 sons. Raise by a divorce father that was only 17 years older than I. Therefore we shared many good times and open discussions about lif...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.