Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Can Anorexia dely puberty?
    An_252785 posted:
    I was extremely Anorexic at age 13/14 (around the time when puberty had just started for me) and now I am 21 and I have been breaking out really bad. My breasts have not developed yet which is strange because my mom's side of the family have very large breasts. Is it possible that now at age 21 I am going through puberty? I have the healthiest diet I have had since puberty began and was delayed from the eating disorder.
    fcl responded:
    IF you have your period then you have already gone through puberty. Yes, anorexia can cause delayed puberty because you were not getting enough nourishment for your body to develop normally (because your body fat was too low).

    IF it can reassure you, breast development is influence by more than just your mother's side of the family. Genetically, you can have the effects of many generations back. Also, breast size is also heavily dependent on weight. Often, the heavier you are, the larger your breasts will be.
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

    Helpful Tips

    being gay,bi,straight,lesbian,transgender
    if it makes you happy to be gblst, who cares what others think! More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 12 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.