Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Urology Exam - Was It Normal?
ethan4 posted:
I had my first appointment with a urologist, and part of the exam he seemed to massage my anus, and then took a semen sample? I was pretty mortified with the whole experience, I had never heard of such a thing. Has anyone else had this experience?

An_254668 responded:
Yes, it's routine to milk the prostate for analysis. In my case for analysis for indications of prostate cancer or infections causing restrictions of the urethra. It wasn't pleasant for me either unlike with a gf. Since I did have cancer (confirmed by biopsy, even more disagreeable), I chose the gold standard of therapies and had the urologist remove the prostate 14 years ago so no more semen but he did avoid destroying some of the nerves. So still get enjoyable, exciting orgasms though not leaping ejaculate.

jem2153 responded:
I've had numerous Urology exams over the past 10 years mostly due to kidney stones or a Prostate infection. The DR did usually check to see if any fluid expelled after he did the prostate exam when my complaint was regarding a possible infection. Agreed not a pleasant experience and can be embarrassing but they see this everyday.

marrmilguy responded:
I have had a number of Urological exams over the years, including prostate and Doppler exams. It can be very embarrassing in the beginning and needs to be done when making determinations for medical treatment. Having been adopted at birth, I have no family history so Prostate cancer is always a concern, along with anything else so full physicals are done. I have had 2 prostate exams a year for the last 4 years so nothing is a surprise. Now I know what to expect when these appointments are made. The embarrassment is gone.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Military for 18 years,3 great sons, workaholic, love the gym, Irish mix,

Helpful Tips

Weird cut/ scratch on member
my guy has this random cut / crack / scratch on his member. He swear he hasnt sleeped around. and if he has that is his punishment. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.