Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Persistent& recurring tear on shaft
    livineasy27 posted:
    About 2 months ago, I knicked myself with a razor while shaving the shaft of my penis, left side near base. Small almost invisible cut...little blood..healed in a couple of days. About a week later the hair follicles in the immediate area became mildly inflamed and raised with an almost pearl-like quality. The skin in the area became dry and a bit scabbed/flaky and subsequently and small 1/4" papercut-like tear formed. Since then, no matter how much cortizone, Neosporin, hydrogen peroxide and abstinence I give it...it heals for a few days, but tears again during sex. Does not bleed but is raw and stinging. I've always used plenty of lubricant during sex...but this problem didn't start because of sex. Getting worn down. I feel like it is almost more of a hair follicle issue (mild folliculitis?) than anything else. I could live with the bumps but the tear is wearing me thin. Any ideas??

reefswaggie responded:
    Maybe you need a healing lubricant... something like coconut oil that both soothes and helps the healing process.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Not much of a story really..... 46 years old, married, 3 sons. Not sure what else to share.... if you want to know anything, just ask.... stev1022@y...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.