Skip to content
Persistent& recurring tear on shaft
livineasy27 posted:
About 2 months ago, I knicked myself with a razor while shaving the shaft of my penis, left side near base. Small almost invisible cut...little blood..healed in a couple of days. About a week later the hair follicles in the immediate area became mildly inflamed and raised with an almost pearl-like quality. The skin in the area became dry and a bit scabbed/flaky and subsequently and small 1/4" papercut-like tear formed. Since then, no matter how much cortizone, Neosporin, hydrogen peroxide and abstinence I give it...it heals for a few days, but tears again during sex. Does not bleed but is raw and stinging. I've always used plenty of lubricant during sex...but this problem didn't start because of sex. Getting worn down. I feel like it is almost more of a hair follicle issue (mild folliculitis?) than anything else. I could live with the bumps but the tear is wearing me thin. Any ideas??

reefswaggie responded:
Maybe you need a healing lubricant... something like coconut oil that both soothes and helps the healing process.

Spotlight: Member Stories

MARRIED TO THE MOST AWESOME WOMAN IN THE WORLD!!!!!! yes i meant to type it that way, 2 adorable sons , work in the world of finance, any questions i&...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.