Skip to content
Low T?
Anon_4371 posted:
I just recently had my testosterone levels checked and the results were a bit confusing? My free level was 51, approximately 15 points above normal and my total level was 1,100, appx 200 points above normal, according to the testing laboratory. I am 42 years old and still exhibit signs and symptoms of low T. I've been on testosterone cypionate 200mg every 3 weeks. 6 weeks ago my free level was 2.4 points BELOW normal and my total level was at bottom at 240. The recent test was 3 days after I had my last shot. Problem is, my first shot I had back in February was the ONLY shot I saw any remarkable results from. After that, I was just getting stuck. Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

stev1022 responded:
I have not had that issue.... A few months ago I had mine checked, and the first time total level was in the 400's somewhere... well, a friend of mine whom I met through this site told me that was low for my age and I should get it checked again.... I did, and it came back in the 200's. I just recently had my third shot. I have felt so much better, I can't even begin to explain to you. I get my blood levels checked again in a couple of weeks. I get a shot every 4 weeks, and they told me after the 3rd round of shots they wanted to check the labs again which is why I am going back in 2 weeks.
It seems odd though that your levels dropped after you've been treated. There are different types of testosterone out there... maybe you need to be treated with a different one. I would definitely keep asking questions though.

july1936 replied to stev1022's response:
I JUST TODAY WENT TO URO TO CHECK LAST BLOOD RESULTS AFTER BEING ON A COMPOUNDED TESTERONE CREAM FOR OVER 1 YEAR. ORG WAS 62 AND AFTER DOUBLING AMOUNT OF TESTOS I AM STILL ONLY 100. HE WANTS ME TO GO ON SHOTS BUT I WANT VERIFY IG MEDICARE PAYS FOR THEM.

ironbody replied to july1936's response:
Medicare does pay for 80% of the shot expense for me. CoPay pays the rest. Seeing some improvement

Spotlight: Member Stories

email lrysport@gmail.com like to hear other stories

Helpful Tips

DRUG FREE ED SOLUTION
SEXUAL ADVISE FIVE YEARS AGO OR MORE, I BEGAN TO EXPERIENCE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION (AND WHO DOESN'T?) I AM 77 AND A HALF, I AM ABLE TO ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful