Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low T?
Anon_4371 posted:
I just recently had my testosterone levels checked and the results were a bit confusing? My free level was 51, approximately 15 points above normal and my total level was 1,100, appx 200 points above normal, according to the testing laboratory. I am 42 years old and still exhibit signs and symptoms of low T. I've been on testosterone cypionate 200mg every 3 weeks. 6 weeks ago my free level was 2.4 points BELOW normal and my total level was at bottom at 240. The recent test was 3 days after I had my last shot. Problem is, my first shot I had back in February was the ONLY shot I saw any remarkable results from. After that, I was just getting stuck. Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

stev1022 responded:
I have not had that issue.... A few months ago I had mine checked, and the first time total level was in the 400's somewhere... well, a friend of mine whom I met through this site told me that was low for my age and I should get it checked again.... I did, and it came back in the 200's. I just recently had my third shot. I have felt so much better, I can't even begin to explain to you. I get my blood levels checked again in a couple of weeks. I get a shot every 4 weeks, and they told me after the 3rd round of shots they wanted to check the labs again which is why I am going back in 2 weeks.
It seems odd though that your levels dropped after you've been treated. There are different types of testosterone out there... maybe you need to be treated with a different one. I would definitely keep asking questions though.

july1936 replied to stev1022's response:
I JUST TODAY WENT TO URO TO CHECK LAST BLOOD RESULTS AFTER BEING ON A COMPOUNDED TESTERONE CREAM FOR OVER 1 YEAR. ORG WAS 62 AND AFTER DOUBLING AMOUNT OF TESTOS I AM STILL ONLY 100. HE WANTS ME TO GO ON SHOTS BUT I WANT VERIFY IG MEDICARE PAYS FOR THEM.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the INCEL, formerly known as NoBucket...geeez..this website is harder to navigate than FB!!! At least I was able to get a reply to my Sexual Iss...More

Helpful Tips

Weird cut/ scratch on member
my guy has this random cut / crack / scratch on his member. He swear he hasnt sleeped around. and if he has that is his punishment. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.