Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    small cuts during sex cause my foreskin to tighten
    PJMartinez posted:
    Over the course of my marriage I have had small cuts on my foreskin after having sex with my wife. This has cause the opening of my foreskin to get smaller and now I can't pull back the skin. The cuts take a few days to heal and it's making it difficult to have sex, cause each time we do I get more cuts.

    I need help finding out what to do, where to go for help or who to see for my condition.

    Thanks ahead of time for your help and advise
    fcl responded:
    The cuts may have been caused by insufficient lubrication during sex. Try using more lube and giving your penis more time to heal if this happens in the future.

    As it is, you now have a situation where you cannot pull your foreskin back (google "phimosis") so it's time to see a urologist. Preferably a foreskin-friendly one. I say this because most cases of tight foreskin respond very well to topical steroid creams and gentle stretching. Fewer than 1% of cases actually require circumcision.

    I hope this was of some help
    gcaveman1 responded:

    I've had a similar problem with small tears on my foreskin on the side facing me (dorsal). But I am circumsized. It just happened again yesterday and a week ago, after not being a problem for almost a year. Tears are 1/4-1/2" long and in line with the natural wrinkles on the foreskin.

    I have not found a definite reason for it, after a good bit of research. Here are the theories; see if any match you.

    I am 60 years old and my skin may not be as resilient or as oily as it used to be.

    I am above average size and have always been complimented on my extreme hardness and staying power. In other words, big dick hardness long session=injury.

    Some suggested that I was not using enough lubrication, but I usually do.

    Some suggested I might be allergic to KY or generic (Wal-Mart) KY. I've found baby oil works better.

    I am beginning to wonder if I might be allergic to my wife's douche.

    Then there's the possibility that we are experiencing a male reaction to a yeast infection. This happened the last time I had this problem but expanded to a serious penile infection or allergic reaction. I had to go to the doctor for it after my penis swelled and turned red like it had burn blisters. It was even surmised that I had an allergic reaction to miconizole (anti-yeast medicine).

    Good luck with it. Post anything you find out for the rest of us, though it seems to be rare.
    fcl replied to gcaveman1's response:
    I'd go for the yeast infection. Try using an OTC cream that is intended for women - that should clear it up. Better safe than sorry ...
    Mrncrpsgt responded:
    Hey guys, I have had the same problem on and off for a few years now. It has been extremely painful to have sex and nothing seemed to work. First I tried antibiotic cream over and over and then tried anti-fungal, with both seeming to work at first but then it always came back. I then did a lot of research and finally found out the solution. In a post similar to this, someone mentioned to try BAG BALM and guess what??? It ACTUALLY WORKED!!! It took a couple of days for it to be effective (2 to 3 times daily) without any sexual activity, but after such, it was gone! Bag balm can be purchased in any pharmacy and is fairly cheap. Mine came in a green tin. I still have problems from time to time but for the most part, I hardly use it now. It has been a few months with only 1 issue and it cleared it up again. No pain, no burning and the cracks heal. Please pass this on to whomever you know that has this issue.
    An_208326 replied to Mrncrpsgt's response:
    This issue was on Loveline last night. Dr. Drew said the only cure to this problem is to get a circumcision.
    Duckblind replied to An_208326's response:
    An_208327 responded:
    Sounds like this:
    gcaveman1 replied to fcl's response:
    I have the problem I've been dealing with for over two years. Parts of the skin of my penis are red, unwrinkled, and tear during sex. Other parts appear normal. Same on the scrotum, no tears, but with itching there. Itching all the way around to the top of my buttocks crack. It has not spread since it started and is not worse at night. I think I have used every fungal cream sold OTC, (miconizole, clotrimazole, zinc oxide, & zinc undecyclenate), yet nothing has worked. Only cortisone cream has relieved the itching. A doctor gave me a single diflucan 150 last year and it seemed to help for a while but the problem came back.

    I have cut out all sexual lubricants except saliva in case I have a reaction from any of them. My wife has none of these symptoms.

    Can you please, please help me get our sex life back?
    rest2010 replied to gcaveman1's response:
    I think it is time to return to your MD for a follow-up. I suggest that your MD get a specimen (scrape) and send it to the lab for culture to determine if you have an infection and to treat it.
    If it is not an infection, your MD will know how to treat it also.
    gray5110 responded:
    ok this is the answer, it happened to me, it is called yeast infection and yes men can get it too. I went to the doctor he prescribed a pill single dose and I felt getting better as soon as the next day and was good after two to three days. trust me it is yeast infection, it can also be dormer on your body for periods of time until your immune system weakens do to stress or new infection with a infected partner. I don't want to post the name of the medication because it is not good to auto medicate. good luck
    longdenstreet replied to gray5110's response:
    I had the same problem with cuts and tightening of the foreskin, not sure about the yeast infection comment but i i bought a healing ointment from walmart. it's an over the counter product by Eucerin called Aquaphor. It's a skin protectant. It solved my problem within 3 days. Cuts are healed i can pull the foreskin back no pain no tightness. Hope this helps all you guys bc I know this was a real problem for me.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.