Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Erectile Dysfunction and Quick Ejaculation Damaging my Relationship
    lostjohn7 posted:
    Hello. I've been having what seems like a host of sexual problems lately and I was hoping I'd be able to get some advice, seeing as I'm running out of ideas as to where to turn.

    I'm 23 and my fiancee is 20. I hadn't been overly sexually active for a couple years before I met her, and now I've found that I am ejaculating very quickly. I also find that my erections are very weak and don't last long, sometimes I only get hard just before ejaculating. This and the fact that I can't give her an orgasm has created a lot of strain and has made me feel inadequate and I feel that this and the pressure to do well is making it harder for me to perform. And I fear that she may be taking my problems as representing how I feel about her, which they don't

    She also has a higher sex drive than I do which also creates problems.

    Is there anything I can do to keep a strong erection for a longer period of time, and enhance my sex drive? I desperately want to give my fiancee pleasure, and I am afraid of the strain my sexual problems are having on our realtionship.

    Thanks. I would appreciate any advice!
    Chef123 responded:
    Lost, maybe you should try a combinatrion of things. Maybe masturbate a few hours before the nights you have sex, which may help with the premature ejacuation. I use a powder called L-cittruline to keep my penis firmer and long lasting. I take it for my high blood pressure, but it's harmless for most. Look it up. You can get it at a health food store or online, just make sure it's from a reputable place. I mix about 2/3 tsp in juice cause it tastes like cum, it actually is the protein. So, juice works better than water. Take it mid-morning and mid-afternoon anfd about 30 mins before sexaul activity. See if that helps.
    Texasred45 responded:
    One thing I'd suggest is learning how to satisfy your fiancee with your hands and lips. If you can bring her to orgasm that way first, she's not going to be enormously concerned if you cum quickly.
    If you don't know how to do it, ask her to show you: have her take your finger(s) and use them to masturbate with, which believe me is a pretty erotic experience in itself, and will teach you what she enjoys.
    The secret to good sex is good communication, so you can learn what you both enjoy.
    If, after this, you continue to have very weak erections, you could go talk to your doctor, either a general practitioner/family doctor, or a urologist, and have him examine you for any potential health problems: there's no reason a man of 24 should not have extremely firm erections unless you're very much overweight and/or in very poor physical condition.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Married,male,crossdresser,bi-sexual. I am a happily married man who loves to dress in womens clothes.I have a very supportive wife that knows I`m bi-s...More

    Helpful Tips

    Weird cut/ scratch on member
    my guy has this random cut / crack / scratch on his member. He swear he hasnt sleeped around. and if he has that is his punishment. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 19 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.