Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Am I wrong ?
    An_208189 posted:
    I have a 2 year old daughter who hasn't seen her father since August of 2009 so that's almost 2 years that he hasn't tried to contact me or try to come see her. He saw her when she was 8 months old (the very last time) and if he ever comes around again, I was going to introduce my daughter to him as his name instead of saying "Oh hey babe this is your dad... " We left on bad terms b/c he threw a fit b/c I didn't put me and my daughter's lives on "pause" for him so he could see her for 2 seconds b/c he was on house arrest. He yelled and yelled and yelled! I feel that when we speak to eachother again, I feel he should apologize for disrespecting me for whatever reasons, and for not being in her life as he said in the beginning (which I KNEW he was lying) He did tell me he was going to terminate his rights but someone told him that it's his responsibility to take care of his kids and not abandon them. So obviously he couldn't think for himself. I would be more than OK if he termintated his rights. I knew I was in on raising my baby by myself. Sooo..... do you guys think I'm wrong if he ever came around again and I introduced my daughter to him as his first name and then later on if he's still in the picture, tell her he's her father? I just dont think he deserves to be called "dad" since he left her hanging and only came around so I wouldn't call Child Support on him.. b/c look at where he is now?...... Not in the picture.
    An_208190 responded:
    which btw .... he only came to see her once in a while from when she was 6 months to 8 months... for atleast 20 mins a visit... if that....

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Hi my name is Angie, Im 21yrs old and proud parent to Miss Celeste. She blessed my life on 8/9/08 at 12:35pm. She is now almost 19mo and such a beauti...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.