Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


Posting to the communities has been restored. Our technical team is still completing ongoing maintenance, and you may experience some technical problems.Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

transcriber87 posted:
Once Cadance turns 1 on 3-27, I can officially change her last name to mine! It sounds like a lot of paperwork and maybe close to $200 but soo worth it! Her "sperm donor" as I call him has not seen her since she was 2 months old...I have not got any child support from him..He doesn't want to see her since that would involve seeing me so I think will all of this said, it would be soo worth it to change her last name. Anyone else done this?
wonderland09 responded:

I was wondering about doing that myself but was concerned that I would not be able to without the fathers consent or him signing off on something. Do you know if it matters if they signed the birth certificate or not?
Wow thats great!! Im so sorry about the circumstances though. As of now my lil Celeste has both our last names with mine first...Honestly I have not even obtained a birth certificate for her. I know Im going to get in so much trouble for that...
transcriber87 replied to wonderland09's response:
Well, I do have to send him a registered letter stating my intent to change and a court date. Last doller he wont even show up. Im not sure about the birth certificate but I would think not? His is on the birth certificate. AND he is still obligated to pay support even though he hasn't given me but $50 since she was born 1 year ago. He is supposed to be paying 75 a week and I get nothing..He is going to jail at the end of the month..He is over 2000 with me and over 6000 with his son! YAY!!
transcriber87 replied to transcriber87's response:
Oh, the YAY was for me knowing that his arse will be sitting in a jail cell..that will satisfy me because I have a LOT of anger towards him so karma is hovering over his head right now!
rylesmom replied to transcriber87's response:
I had my daughter's last name changed when she was about 1 1/2 years old. It was fairly easy as long as I did everything that the law required. Her sperm donor didn't even show up for the hearing nor does he pay child support. He is in the rears almost $20,000. He also has 2 other kids and I am not sure if he pays their mom's or not.
she_wolf_514 responded:
It isn't as hard as it seems. Just follow what your lawyer tells you to do and you will not have a lot of stress. Even if the "donor" comes to court the fact that he hasn't been around will be held against him (as well as all the back support he owes you).

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Angie, Im 21yrs old and proud parent to Miss Celeste. She blessed my life on 8/9/08 at 12:35pm. She is now almost 19mo and such a beauti...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.