Skip to content
Daughter sleeping with father
An_249379 posted:
I am in a relationship with a 38 year old man who has been divorced 3 years now. He has a 7 going on 8 year old daughter who refuses to sleep in her own bed ever since the divorce. He has her fifty percent of the time. She sleeps in her own bed at her mom's house. The mother is also in a relationship engaged to be married to the man that she has been with since (and actually before) the divorce. The mother is giving him a very hard time about this and making him feel innappropriate for allowing it to happen. My boyfriend feels aside from locking her door from the outside (which we would never do) that it is impossible to change this and hopes she will just grow out of it. What is the right thing to do??!!

Take the Poll

Is it okay for a seven year old (going on eight) to sleep with her divorced father when she is with him (fifty percent of the time) when she sleeps in her own bed at her mom's?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Once in awhile
  • She will grow out of it
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Elizabeth. I have a daughter who will be 2 years old in August. I came to these boards after the loss of my first pregnancy. I found friend...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.