Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
Skincare Regime/s
mybodymyself posted:
Do you believe that twice daily skincare routine is improves your skin vs once daily one? Always wanted to know about this, but never asked. Recently switched from once daily skincare routine to twice daily skincare routine. Also, switched my skincare line because I felt my previous line wasn't working anymore. Even though both lines are from the same company.

Susan Evans, MD responded:
Dear mybodymyself,

After many years of practicing dermatology it's clear that skin types can vary greatly, and therefore recommended skin routines vary also. Generally twice a day skin routine is what's recommended. In the evening, I suggest cleansing away the days, make up, oil, and environmental particles. Also, it can prepare the facial skin for a vitamin A treatment, which is best at night.

In the morning, cleansing is recommended to refresh the skin and prepare for sunscreen, moisturizer, or medication for acne. If the skin is exceptionally dry or irritated; in dry climates, then the morning cleanse can be skipped.

Sunscreen, should be added to everyone skin routine. Healthy skin is beautiful skin!

Dr. Susan Evans

MollyLL replied to Susan Evans, MD's response:
So, how do you choose a skincare regimen? I'm 43, and I have a tendancy to break out and I have fairly oily skin. I've used Arbonne and Epionce, Mary Kay, Estee Lauder and I've used just plain Oil of Olay. I find that my biggest concerns are the acne and puffy eyes. I'm just not totally sold on any skincare regimen yet. I'm wondering if my combination of products is too much (too oily?). Can you give me any ideas of a good place to start?

JShaw0318 replied to MollyLL's response:
Mary Kay has a wonderful Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser and age fighthing moisturizer for combination/oily skin. Also the acne treatment gel is wonderful. The 3-in-1 cleanser cuts down the regimen because you are cleansing, toning and exfoliating all at the same time. That's why it's called 3 in 1. Checkout my website at www.marykay.com/jshaw21 . Would like to be of help to you.

georgerojas replied to MollyLL's response:
I highly recommend Rodan & Fields Unblemish regimen. You can get more information here:
https://georgerojas.myrandf.com/Shop/Unblemish
Hope this helps
George

An_207934 replied to MollyLL's response:
You have to try SkinCeuticals "Blemish and Age Defense". It is specifically designed with women who are battling adult acne. I love that it not only addresses acne, but anti-aging and the pigmentation left from break outs. SkinCeuticals is a pharmaceutical not cosmetic skin care line. Pharmaceutical products are purer more concentrated ingredients. The FDA only allows 1% bacteria in them, compared to the 30% allowed in cosmetic products! That is HUGE for someone already dealing with acne bacteria. You don't need anything else to clog pores or irritate your skin. I have been working with this skin care line for 2 years in our Dermatology office with phenominal results. My acne patients swear by the LHA products. There is a 3 step process of LHA cleanser(oily skin), LHA solution(toner) and either LHA serum, or Blemish and Age Defense. You'll love the Phyto Corrective gel too, it's hydrating with water, not oil, anti-bacterial and also helps with pigment. Try the A.G.E. Eye complex for the puffy eyes, the peptides will help to flush out lymph(fluid). A lot of places with give you a sample. They aren't cheap, but it's worth it, and little goes a long way.
Do your homework, a lot of products don't have all the studies to prove their effective, that is why we love this line. It's only one we carry.
Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.