Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Solution for dark under eye circles?
Traci1986 posted:
I am 24 years old and I have had severe dark under eye circles since I was in the 5th grade. Diet, sleep, eye creams have done nothing to help. I have been tested for allergies and I do not have any, I am sure they are genetic but my dad does not have them at all and my mom has puffy eyes but they are not nearly as dark as mine. I have very fair almost transparent skin so you can see every vein under my skin. Is there any cosmetic solution or miracle cream that will help? I am willing to do anything at this point. My daughter is only 6 and I can already see that she is starting to get them, I would like to find a solution that works so that she does not have to live with this forever too. Please help!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Traci,

Until you get more member or possible expert response, this information may be helpful -

Solutions for Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes

Let me know if this is helpful,
Elizabeth

clairejohn responded:
Here are a few tips to deal with dark circles:

- Massage Vitamin E or almond oil around the eyes without touching the eyes (massage must strictly be external). This improves blood circulation.

- As a quick fix during parties, use a makeup concealer to hide the dark circle. But remember this is only a temporary solution.

- Get a lot of sleep. Sleeplessness is a culprit for most health problems. Have a set routine and have regular sleep timing. Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep.

- Drink lots of water. For anything related to health, water is still the best beverage.

- Grate raw potato, squeeze the juice and apply the juice under your eyes for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can also place thin slices of potato on your eyes (with them closed) every night before you retire. This is one of the most popular and time-tested home remedies for dark circles.

- Include a lot of green leafy veggies in your diet. Also include food rich in Vitamin A and E.

- Indulge in some kind of exercise like walking, jogging. Yoga, especially pranayama is known to improve skin health.

- Take two thin slices of cucumber and place them on your eyes. This removes the puffiness and cools the eyes - Dip cotton in rose water and place them on your eyes.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Acne breakouts
Just wanted to pass along a tip for clearing acne breakouts. I found a herbal product that is called Acne Clear Results by Terra Therapies. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.