Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Skin smells like maple syru[
An_207949 posted:
My 34 yr old sons skins smells like maple syrup. He smelled maple syrup when he was in the garage the last couple of mornings and realized today it was him. I smelled his arm, it smells just like maple syrup. It's not his soap. Does anyone have any ideas?

SWest123 responded:
Probably diabetes

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
In a quick search for "maple syrup smell" on WebMD I found this information -

Maple Syrup Urine Disease

Is he having any other symptoms or problems?

Elizabeth

pswaney responded:
In the last couple of months I have woken up in the morning to find myself smelling like maple syrup, Enough that when I was waking up I thought someone was making waffles. Sounds gross. I smelled my shirt and it was me. I was expecting to feel sticky but didn't. A few months ago I was told from my doctor that was per-diabetic. I am going to make an appt. and see what it is. Did you find out what was wrong?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.