Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
Vinegar uses for clearing skin problems?
yaya2010 posted:
Im 28 and just started using vinegar for my blotchy spots and acne problem, Is it safe to use it ?? seems to be working. I just dont want any long term side effects.

David A Colbert, MD responded:
Dear yaya2010,

Vinegar has been described as a homeopathic alternative remedy for clearing acne. It is possible that you have seen some mild improvement in your acne blemishes since starting your regimen, however, there are no formal scientific studies that confirm the use of vinegar for this purpose.

Other options to help improve skin discoloration, skin tone, and acne include alpha and beta hydroxy acid products as well as many prescription medications.

Manolo82 responded:
I use white vinegar, for my toes in my feet , it very good for athletic fungus. Manolo82

Lazylady47 responded:
I have been an esthetician for 30 years and apple cider vinegar is fabulous for your skin. I use to use it on all my clients. I'm retired now and still use it once a week on my own skin. It corrects the PH in your skin and is an excellent way to get rid of old skin cells. No side effects. I apply and leave on for 8 to 10 minutes and rinse. I wrote an article on this treatment in Sarasota magazine in 2005. Brought me a lot of new clients.... good for young and old skin...

Steveji replied to Lazylady47's response:
I am not trying to be a smart-alec, I don't know If what it does is correct the ph of the skin, wouldn't that mean everyone's skin ph is the same. In addition, wouldn't that mean that any weak acid would do the same thing?
Lastly, how does it get rid of old skin cells?
Thank you.
Steve I

Steveji replied to David A Colbert, MD's response:
Thanks

debsuen replied to Lazylady47's response:
Hi:
I have a Psoriasis on the sculpt for over 5 years, don't you think the apple cider vinegar can help. I am looking for any advice to take care of this problems

matiullah replied to Lazylady47's response:
I can apply apple cider vinegar on face

Spen673 replied to Lazylady47's response:
Can you use it on the scalp, even with a head full of hair. My son has bad acne on his scalp and wondered if it would harm his hair if we used it.

rimple22 replied to Spen673's response:
hi,i have bad skin problem in my feet & leg .so what i do for that.i applied too many skin tubes & taken medicin.and my skin is too dry.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.