Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
non surgery cosmetic treatment
boxspacelady posted:
Any medical advice or comparison among know treatments? Venus Freeze (for face and neck)? Laser Genesis? Titan? IPL? Serona (for tommy fat)? Thank you.

Mary Ruth Buchness, MD responded:
Dear boxspacelady,
There are so many great non-surgical treatments out there. It really depends on what you are trying to fix. Since you mention tummy fat, I'll talk about Zerona, which is a great way to get rid of some body fat. It's a "cold" laser, which punches tiny holes in the fat cells which cause the fat to leak out and be excreted from the body. The holes close up in 48 hours, so the treatment must be repeated every other day for a least 6 treatments. There is a protocol that must be followed-a supplement is given daily, you must drink a lot of water, exercise 1/2 hour a day, and no alcohol, but you will see results. And it is painless!

boxspacelady replied to Mary Ruth Buchness, MD's response:
My dermatologist who is in research teaching position is concerned about xerona. She is not sure about research behind this treatment. For example, how long does this last?
Any thoughts?

Mary Ruth Buchness, MD replied to boxspacelady's response:
If you maintain the exercise program and healthy diet, it should last indefinitely. This is true for all fat reduction methods, including liposuction. The reason that people re-gain inches and pounds is because individual fat cells can growth in size if people do not maintain a diet and exercise program. We have had good results with the Zerona. People lose at least 3.5 inches with 6 to 9 treatments.

boxspacelady replied to Mary Ruth Buchness, MD's response:
I have started one session of Exilis with my dermatologist, because she does not believe in Xerona. She kept reminding me that Exilis may not guarantee any result, or result may be only subtle. For that confidence, Exilis is a very uncomfortable procedure. Not sure if I should continue with the next 3 treatments, or I should simply switch to Xerona, outside of my physician care, without a doctor on site. Another doctor at this website who believe in Exilis mentioned that with Exilis, fat cells do not return, while with Xerona, fat cells can return. That info plus my dermatologist's care help make up my mind with Exelis. Another confusing fact with Xerona is that 3.5" reduction is not just the waist, but combination of a few measurements?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Acne breakouts
Just wanted to pass along a tip for clearing acne breakouts. I found a herbal product that is called Acne Clear Results by Terra Therapies. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.