Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
bump
trent2008 posted:
me and my gf is wanting 2 know how she can get a bump off of her chest without cancer. cause the doctors she went 2 said if they cut it off she could get cancer. so we are wondering is there a way that she can get the bump off without getting cancer? i have a pic of the bump 2 show how the bump looks.

WinglessElf responded:
As far as i know, if the doctor wants to remove a bump, it's gonna be cancerous. Probably the doctor is advising against surgical removal because it's not causing her any health problem, thus no need to put her body through the stress of a surgery. The doctor might have said the removal is needed if it suddenly increase in size, which has a chance meaning it transform to a cancerous bump. Anyhow, i will advise to seek a 2nd opinion

Mary Ruth Buchness, MD responded:
Dear trent2008,
There is no way that removing something can cause cancer. Are you sure that he didn't say he wouldn't remove it because it's not cancer? Sometimes the chest skin heals with scars that look worse than what is being removed, so he may not want to take it off. Please get a second opinion, because the first one sounds crazy.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.