Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
strange tiny itchy cuts all over back
An_243022 posted:
Team, I have a strange problem. My back was itching a lot today and I felt a few scabs so when I got home I saw at least 6-8 very small abrasions all over my lower back with scabs. What could cause this? How do I make it go away because I keep scratching the scabs off?

Mary Ruth Buchness, MD responded:
An_243022,
You must be scratching in your sleep. The best way to promote healing is to apply Bacitracin or Neosporin to the abrasions and cover with a band-aid. It softens the scabs and keeps you from continually scratching them off.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.