Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
permanent, significant indent on hips, like muffin top - what is this, what can i do?
An_241623 posted:
guess as a little bit of background, i will say that i am 20 now, but about 6 years ago i was diagnosed with PCOS. currently however, my endocrinologist is determining whether i have Cushing's Syndrome or not. whatever, point being that i have always had a large stomach. i have been overweight almost my entire life (except for several years during high school), and when i started dressing myself in elementary school up until middle school, i thought that it was okay for me to wear pants in the smallest possible size, so long as they buttoned. obviously in retrospect i cringe at this, as it looked awful. i only realized during my freshman year of high school, however, that i basically had a permanent and very large dent in my hips, that looks like a permanent muffin top. over the course of high school, though, i went from my highest weight ever at the end of eighth grade (225) to the lowest of my entire life (135) when i started medication. (and later regained back all the weight for reasons that are unclear.) anyways, even when i was very thin you could STILL see this indentation. and you can still see it now!
it looks so bad and makes me more self-conscious than i already am about my appearance, and i'm wondering if there's anything i can do to remedy it? is there any solution, medically? or even something i can wear under regular clothing that will definitely hide it? (as even Spanx don't necessarily do it.) it makes wearing dresses look really weird! (and it makes keeping pants up on my hips, even with a belt, sort of difficult.)
ahhh, so much frustration! thank you in advance for any advice :>

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Exfoliate 2 to 3 times per weekExpert
All skin types can benefit from exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and prevent fine lines and wrinkles. For sensitive skin, use a gentle ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.