Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
I Eat Healthy, so why do I still have Acne?
Bugzy2013 posted:
I have cut out sooo many bad food from my diet, yet I still have acne on my face. Im 17 years old, and right now, my face has only cleared up substantially, but not completely. And i have scars

So, what's wrong? Why don't i have the clear complexion that health gurus claim will happen to me if I eat right?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Bugzy -

If eating right would clear up acne many of us would have clear skin, but according to this information many factors contribute to us having acne.

Have you checked out our Acne Health Center ? It has a great deal of information to help you with your skin problems.

And this quiz, Myths and Facts About Teen Acne , may be helpful.

Elizabeth
- Elizabeth
~Love of beauty is taste. Creation of beauty is art.~
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mohiba K Tareen, MD replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Dear Bugzy and Elizabeth,

Yes, I definitely echo Elizabeth!

Eating healthy and drinking water help all of your body processes. However, due to inflammation, hormonal and skin imbalances, acne may still result.

Here is a little more basic info from my website about the 4 scientific factors that have been shown to bring out acne. http://www.tareendermatology.com/acne/

I hope that helps

geni55 replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
You could also be experiencing breakouts due to allergies.
If you haven't yet, you might consider see a dermatologist and or an allergy doctor. My niece is experiencing blemishes that have lasted over a year and she has moderate food allergies which seem to be a major factor

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.