Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Mystery Diagnosis-HELP
c_cret posted:
I have been dealing with skin problems since 2007, I was diagnosed with You +1'd this publicly. Undo Hidradenitis suppurativa, but I never had any lesions or rashes in the key areas where hidradentis supperativa take place. My rashes are all on my legs or arms. They start off as a small bump, nodule, usually on the hair follicle (folliculitus was ruled out based on the way the rash looks). Then they expand to tiny blisters filled with a honey colored fluid, that is not puss, that grow into a round dime to quarter size blister filled with the same fluid that builds under the skin. I just went to a new dermatologist who thought I may have shingles, the results came in from the culture and it came back negative for any viral infections. I am at such a lost. I have now gone to my Primary Care and asked for blood work to get done. History: my mom has SLE, for the last year I have had severe joint pain in my ankles, knees, wrist and fingers. Swelling in my ankles due to constant injury, the last two years. Experiencing severe fatigue and tiredness. In the last year I have had kidney infections, and pain in my back some kidney related others I am not quite sure. My muscles and body in general are fatigued after working. I feel like this is something auto immune related, its nothing sexually related, I constantly get tested and have had the same partner for three years. I'm just looking for some answers or maybe if anyone else has experienced this and may know what it is. I will get the results back for my blood work on the 13th, they tested for Lupus and Lime Disease.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.