Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Mysterious "Rash"
HippieFeet posted:
Hello. I am a 23 year old female. About a week ago, I noticed a "rash" on my right buttocks. It started off looking very red, almost like a cluster of bug bites, and they were itchy. As the days progressed, the redness went away, but the "bumps" now are dark in color. I cannot tell if they are scabbed, or if it is something under the skin trying to get out. The itchyness has mostly gone away, but it is painful at times. Out of no where there will just be pain in the area where the marks are occurring. I don't have any medical insurance. I've applied for an insurance program in my state to help people who are below the poverty line, but it has been a hassle waiting to be approved so I can see someone. I'm a little scared because my own internet research has lead to many different possibilities. I am trying to get into a doctor as soon as I can.. but I'm wondering if there is anything I could do myself, or if I should be worried. I hope it is nothing serious. I can post pictures if needed to better diagnose. Thank you for any help.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.