Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    facial hair
    An_246770 posted:
    Hello. I am a 59 year old female and since I've gone through menopause I noticed facial hair, quite a bit, on my chin and upper lip area. Not only that I seem to have a hard white hair like substance, it's not hair, but it's white, it grows like hair. Anyway I have been tweezing and tweezing to the point where I have messed up my chin area pretty bad. I cannot afford to go to a dermatologist but have been putting cortosone 10 creme on it. It helps some, but the problem is that I seem to be obsessed with tweezing. I wish I could stop. Is there anyone else out there with similiar problems such as mine? Please let me know what the avaiable over the counter treatment I can buy. Thank you so much.

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Expert Blog

    Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

    Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.