Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
What are these bumps on my face?
missybitsy posted:
I'm 20 years old. I have dry/combination skin (my cheeks are dry and my forehead is oily). I have these rough tiny bumps all over my face that are not actually acnes. They don't grow into heads and don't pop. They also don't itch or turn red. This is a picture of my cheek: http://www.mediafire.com/conv/340770c68cc03a2b32bc88be23c848f7c74ac48939f23c56558e96b840e1d09b6g.jpg
I took this picture under good lighting. Normally, these bumps are not that visible. Can you please tell me what could be the problem and how to get rid of these?
Thank you so much!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Missybitsy -

For staff and expert to see the photo please use the camera icon at the top of the reply box. You can copy the URL and the photo will show up in the post.

Unfortunately, we are advised not to click into links due to possible viruses.

Looking forward to helping you out,
Elizabeth
- Elizabeth
~Love of beauty is taste. Creation of beauty is art.~
Ralph Waldo Emerson

missybitsy replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:

sharont2012 replied to missybitsy's response:
Oh man me too! I've had these for a month now and I don't know where they came from or why they're there! They go away after a week but always come back after a day or two.

Antony22 replied to missybitsy's response:
Hey, did you manage to clear this up?
My Girl friend has the same condition since 3 weeks now!
Please let me know if you are diagnosed with some condition
and wat was the treatment? our GP said its non-specific and not serious. Gave salsalic acid and some OTC topical cream.
await your response. you may also shoot an email to me antony.seotraffic @ gmail. com

ashleymt592 replied to Antony22's response:
Did anyone find an answer to this topic?? I've had the same type of bumps over a year now! If anyone has an answer please email me! ashthompson5@gmail.com

mimi19742014 responded:
These bumps are actually caused by chocolate. So avoid touching them.

makikaki replied to mimi19742014's response:
Could you give more info on this, please? I had these for almost a year now, nothing helps. Is it only chocolate? Also, may I ask how you know this? Thanks!

maru316 replied to makikaki's response:
My partner has the exact same condition, any ideas people??

undefined responded:
It's most likely Keratosis Piralis.

My son was misdiagnosed for years by pediatritions but it is relatively common. It's stubborn and can be aggravated by a number of things like cold, hormones and illness.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/keratosis-pilaris/basics/definition/con-20025750

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.