Skip to content
Jungle Rot
muzler posted:
Hello Doctors,
My good friend (81) and fit has jungle rot from when he was in the Army before he went to fight in Korea. He was training in the Everglades. It has spread from his feet to his back and chest. Help!!!
Also, This VET has not been seen for this or it is dismissed. PLUS, he has a blood clot in his leg and he is getting delayed treatment for that. He had a consultation on the 8/28/12. His MRI is 10 days from that, anything to help my friend at all?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Muzler -

I am sorry to hear about this, he is lucky to have a friend researching options for him. Unfortunately, it is impossible to diagnose what is going on without an exam and knowing his medical history, but perhaps these resources can spark some questions to ask his doctors.

I am guessing the jungle rot you are referring to is Athlete's Foot that has spread -

Athlete's Foot - Treatment Overview
Athlete's Foot

Has he seen a dermatologist for this problem? Is there a dermatologist at the VA?

Regarding his blood clot, please call the doctor and MRI center to ask about cancellations. Be persistent and explain any complications or problems he is having.

Please keep us posted about how he is doing and let us know if you have other questions we can research for you.


Has he seen a dermatologist for this problem? Is there a dermatologist at the VA?
- Elizabeth
~Love of beauty is taste. Creation of beauty is art.~
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.