Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
My face was burned by a salicylic acid :(( I dont know what to do!
EngrME posted:
Can somebody help me? Pls? Im so scared on having a burn scar on my face just because I applied salicylic acid on my pimple. I have applied sulfur for it to turn back in its normal color, but i dont know if its right. I have put ice on it, because i can still feel that it is really burnt. Pls.

I need answers. I dont have enough money to go to the doctor for this.

An_247802 responded:
I have had many skin peels even TCA peels in theatre by plastic surgeon. I have never done one unless it is with a professional but without doubt all recommend that that you use a post peel/laser product on your skin.. It is so important to stay out of the sun altogether and use a high SPF sunblock even when driving in the car. Don't keep touching the area, cleanse with a gentle cleanser and apply your cream several times a day even if it makes your look greasy. If the treatment was well done it will heal well and you will be happy with the end result they work wonders short and long term but you must take care not to get pigmentation at this stage and be gentle and patient with your skin during the healing phase. I hope this Helps you just rememember keep applying the post peel cream/gel/ointment and sunblock if going outdoors. Warm regards. Marcelle

Mohiba K Tareen, MD replied to An_247802's response:
Dear An,

I agree with the other members of the community- a gentle post peel product to keep your skin lubricated at all times is key. Ice packs and cool compresses can help.

Please don't forget your sunscreen as your skin is very fragile and prone to hyperpigmentation while it is healing.

I hope that helps

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.