Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
Dry skin
An_245429 posted:
Hi,

I am 40. Of late, I have started experiencing this dry skin issue. My legs (just around my ankle), feet, forearms, palms and fingers are dry inrrespective of the season. Is there a fix? I know, aging constitutes to be a big reason. Curious, though.

I always had a rough skin in my butt. Any solutions? I have tried certain things but it comes back. Any solutions?

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear An,

As we age, the activity of our sebaceous glands (oil) decreases- explaining the dry skin.

Try a great moisturizer with ceramides such as cerave cream or cetaphil restoraderm.

On the buttock you can try an OTC milk acid cream to help smooth the rough skin - such as Amlactin.

I hope that helps

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Facial Control
One of the most important things in preventing lines and to nip it in the butt when they're just starting, is to be aware of what your face ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.