Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
HELP !!!!!!!
ayoosh25 posted:
I have had this hyperhidrosis condition since I was 7 years old. I have tried a lot of creams and mixtures but it doesn't work. It's really so embarrassing to have this sweaty palms and feet all the time and it has affected my character negatively. I am also afraid of having the surgery and knowing its negative consequences. Help me please, I am really suffering.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Ayoosh,

I completely understand your unhappiness and frustration!

There are many other options for hyperhidrosis before surgery.

We try prescription strength deodarants, oral pills, injections, and behavioral therapy. These treatments are very effective. Make an appointment with a dermatologist in your area today- you will be so happy!

I hope that helps

ayoosh25 replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
Thank you so much for your time and help.-83D-C90

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ayoosh25 -

I hope that as Dr. Tareen suggested you see a dermatologist to talk about options. If you get a chance, post and tell us what happened. Sometimes sharing your experience really helps others in the community.

Also, for you and others who may want more information about this frustrating condition see this resource, Hyperhidrosis and Sweating: When Should You See a Doctor?

Looking forward to hearing about your experience,
Elizabeth
- Elizabeth
~Love of beauty is taste. Creation of beauty is art.~
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.