Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
growth on back of neck
gentleman1981 posted:
I've had a growth on the back of my necks for years now. It was always a bit tougher than my normal skin and slightly raised. In the past couple weeks it has grown in width and it has also become much more malleable. It seems like it has become filled with some fluid. On occasion some of the fluid will ooze out for lack of better term. when I use a bandage the dried material looks yellow. I was just wondering what this growth might be and also if there is a good way for me to reduce the swelling.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Gentleman1981 -

Any change in color, size, appearance or symptoms of a mole or growth should be reported and checked out by your doctor.

Unfortunately, without an exam it is impossible to guess what's going on. See these slideshows for more information and please call your doctor to have this evaluated.

Adult Skin Problems Slideshow
Precancerous Skin Lesions and Skin Cancer Slideshow

Hoping you find answers soon and please check back in to let us know what you find out,
Elizabeth
- Elizabeth
~Love of beauty is taste. Creation of beauty is art.~
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.