Skip to content
My grandmother has sore-like areas that break, bleed, and pus...any suggestions...
SerenShadow posted:
I am on here on behalf of my grandmother.
Shes having alot of problems with her skin and her doctor doesn't seem keen to check it out.
I don't really know how to describe it, but she has these sore-like spots on her face, hands, arms, and legs. It looks like maybe they had started off as age spots, but then turned into sores. They will swell very little, but the major thing is that the skin on or around it will break, and a clear pus will leak, sometimes with a little blood. They range in sizes between the size of a dime, to the size of several quarters.
Her skin is also really thin and really easily breakable. Just scratching will break her skin.
Do you know what it might be, and is there any sort of over the counter medicine, body washes, and or skin treatments that you would recommend to help firm up her skin and help with whatever it is that is causing her skin to break? I am an Avon rep, and I've researched some of the face creams Avon has, hoping that one of them might help, but I worry that they might not be healthy to apply to broken skin. (if you are willing to check and see if any might be ok to use, my store link is
I would appreciate any help! Her skin keeps getting worse!
On another note, she does take lots of pain medication for her fibromyalgia, arthritis, and diverticulitis...I don't know if medications could be the cause, but I wanted to mention it just is case.
ThanksLisa M Salyers
PS, if she allows me to, I will take some pictures and add them soon.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Reduce Deep Acne ScarsExpert
A minimally invasive and exceptionally effective treatment to reduce acne scars is microdermabrasion. This is a manual exfoliation that ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.