Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
small bumps suddenly appeared on face
An_249583 posted:
Feels like it happened over night, yesterday morning when I put on my makeup I didnt have them
Then this morning I woke up and there they were, they feel a little irritated.
I have been using a new facewash, Aveeno skin brightening scrub, for two weeks now, and It's known to dry out skin. I also tried the Rimmel BB cream yesterday for the first time
I have NEVER had these before, and I neeeeed to get rid of them ASAP
I did notice one that I guess had formed into a small pimple
please pleaseee someone help.
Apart from a few large pimples every now and then my skin has always been smooth and clear, especially lately

a2stylist responded:
Looks like dermatitis due to a chemical ingredient in something you used. I'd guess the Rimmel bb cream

greydi responded:
I have the same thing Help

deasiajohnathan responded:
I'm not sure, it looks like an allergic reaction!
I believe that Love of beauty is taste and the creation of beauty is art! http://antiskinproblems.com

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

As the PP suggested, it is possible that what you are experiencing is contact dermatitis that could have been caused by the new cream that you tried. This article has more information on the subject. If stopping the cream does not get rid of the bumps or you see them worsening, it may be a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor or dermatologist to find what is causing your symptoms.

Best wishes,
Atti

srm235 replied to greydi's response:
Hi, I've had similar problems myself. Were you able to see what ingredient was triggering your rash?

For me, I got reactions around my lips and mouth. I went to a dermatologist who did a patch test and I found out I have to stay away from fragrance and formaldehyde. I've built a tool that helps you find products without certain ingredients in them. Let me know if you want any help. I hope your issue is resolved - I know how much of a pain these things can be, I've been dealing with it for the last 5 years.

lgiraud responded:
I have been going through this for over a year. Most of the time when I wake up they are not there, other times they are already there. They also sometimes have a white spot that after I scratch it open it feels better. They can be extremely itchy other times I don't know they are there until I touch my face. I had gone to the dermatologist, she had no idea and gave me 3 different creams to try. None of them worked. She then took a sample when I went in with one and still no idea. So after about 6 months I have given up.
I have tried all different lotions, no lotion, changed my pillows many times and also laundry soap. Nothing has helped!!!!!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.