Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Little black lines on my nail....HELP!
harleyquinn47 posted:
Hi,
I need help. I noticed like last week, that I have two little black lines (they're not more then I'm going to say a quarter or an inch or less) near the edge of my thumb nail. My mom who's a nurse says it's nothing to worry about, but she doesn't really freak out about things. I cut my nail to see if that was it, but they're back again. If anyone has had something like this, or knows what I should do...please let me know?! I don't want to go to the doctor's unless I have to. If it's just damage to the nail, then that's fine. But I've never had this before. I want to make sure it's nothing serious. I know it's NOT doctor's that post on here, but someone out there has to be dealing with this. Or has. Thank you in advance! I really appreciate it.

mokaprincess responded:
have you tryed nail clener?????>?????????

harleyquinn47 replied to mokaprincess's response:
It's not nail polish, it's not nail polish caught under the nail, it's not dirt, and it's not a one time thing since I have cut my nail and they reappeared in the same place. I should have specified that sorry.

harleyquinn47 replied to harleyquinn47's response:
Never mind they must have grown out they're gone now.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.