Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
Skin problem-help please
WhitneyB posted:
I am a 23 year old female that has had a small rash for two weeks now. It started with only two tiny spots on my neck and a dry itchy white patch. I how have them wide spread with about ten on my stomach and ten on my back, and three on the foot and ankle region. The average size of all of them is about the size of a dime. They are pink and are most prominent when I get out of the shower. They are slightly raised, almost looking like flat mosquito bites. The spots do not itch but I am so itchy all over my body that it is hard to sit still and very hard to sleep. At night, It feels like i have small needles pricking me all over, mostly on all four limbs. I have not changed my soap, shampoos, or laundry detergent in over a year. Any ideas on what this might be?

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Whitney,

You may have developed an eczema reaction. Given the full body itch, it is important that you have it evaluated by a dermatologist. There is no reason to live like this!
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

WhitneyB replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
Thank you! I plan on going when I can, just haven't had the time off. The itch has gotten so much better but I'm still getting new spots! The old ones look almost like a small bruise now.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.