Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
Painful Blisters on Face
An_251133 posted:
The blisters on my face started showing up in December. First in left nostril. Then the right nostril, just below the opening. Then 2-3 more on chin. One in ear and now on temple & cheek. I currently have 5-6 in various stages. First they look like a pimple, but they're filled with clear fluid. Leaving them alone doesn't help. They develop into oozy, ugly sores, which get bigger, bleed, crusts over, then crack open, again and again. And they are extremely painful!! I've tried applying Bacitracin, but it doesn't seem to help at all.
As a side note, I've also been experiencing horrible problems with my eyes watering, burning, turning swollen and red, painful, with sensitivity to light and gook that looks like conjunctivitis (but isn't). Not sure if the two things are related or not?
Anything you could recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear An,

Staph is a very common type of bacteria that can inhabit the nose and lead to blisters and ulcerations.

I would suggest seeing your primary doc or a dermatologist for a bacterial culture and topical mupirocin or an oral antibiotic.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Acne breakouts
Just wanted to pass along a tip for clearing acne breakouts. I found a herbal product that is called Acne Clear Results by Terra Therapies. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.