Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Chin Acne
NaomiNg posted:
I've had acne problem on my t-zone area a few years back, but it's been solved, more or less. However, these few years, I just can't get rid of acne on my chin. There's the ones with yellow pus, but mostly the painful red bumps.

On a side note, I have thin hair, unwanted hairs on my abdominal area and irregular period ever since I started menstruating. I Googled and those are the signs of hormonal imbalance. Is it so? How can I solve these problems?
Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
You are absolutely correct, jawline acne combined with excess hair and abnormal periods, can be a sign of hormonal issues. It is very important to have this evaluated, to prevent further hormonal issues as well as acne scarring.

Your gynecologist may be the most helpful in checking these issues.

Often, mild hormonal imbalances can be easily fixed with safe, low dose oral medications such as metformin and sprironolactone.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.