Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
Strange Reoccuring blisters
cbl2882 posted:
For longer then I can remember I've gotten tiny under the skin blisters every spring that last thru summer. They're only on my fingers. Sometimes they're in clusters of up to a dozen and other times there's just one. They pop under the skin and then I get peeling skin. The skin above the blisters gets a little red and they're a tiny bit irritated but nothing painful. Just irritating. Just wondering if anyone else has something similar or knows what they are.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Cb,

The most common cause of these types of blisters are either dyshidrotic eczema vs pustular psoriasis. Both can be treated with prescription topicals. Next time you experience a flare, see if you can get in to see your dermatologist.

I hope that helps! Both are very common conditions, you do not need to live with them!
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.