Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
LIP WRINKLES...UGH!
graceingod posted:
I know age can have a big factor of wrinkly lips. (45) I recently quit smoking and I still have those self made, "ew -you're a -smoker" wrinkles on my upper lip. I've tried: Lancome lip treatment, Vaseline, Avon, Emu balm, Neutrogena, Skyn, Philosophy hope in a tube lip treatment, Carmex, ChapStick....you name it! I use it all night (sleep in it) and during the day. What in the heck will help minimize these ugly things? :goofy: Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Not only smokers get "smoker's lines". If you habitually purse your lips like drinking beverages using a straw or if you drink coffee from paper cups that have lids with a small hole in them, you can develop lines above your upper lip. You are probably looking at cosmetic procedures such as injectable fillers rather than anything cosmetically as cosmetics can only do so much. You may want to read more about injectable fillers by using the WebMD search engine. - Annie

Bruce78640 responded:
Hi Annie, Yea, I'm not posting a reply for this topic thread. I thought about trying to reach you through a different group rather than the one that I'm sure you know I'm a frequent poster & replier for. Why I'm posting on here is because of one topic thread, 'How to Report a Post', you put on the E:SG Message Board. If you don't mind, is there any chance that I could reach you directly by email? My email addy is displayed through my username. Hope to hear from you.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Bruce, I've replied to your post on the EP board. I'm sorry but WebMD board moderators aren't allowed to directly communicate to our WebMD community members via personal email. - Annie

graceingod responded:
thank you soooo much! i'll go there...oh yes...injections are out of the question...i hate needles for one thing and it shouldn't have to cause pain to erase the wrinkles around my lips. the bee stung look is so fakey. if i went to work with puffy lips, i'd get laughed at around here. a needle stuck in my lip i can do myself if i want swelling! lol thanks again! :wink:

MOM195037766 responded:
Grace, This may not be permanent, but I bought some vitamin E oil (external only) and rub it on my face and neck 2 or 3 times a day.Of course, I try to eat right and also have a facial routine at night. Hopes this help, it did work for me. :grin:

lightdoe responded:
hi mom... did you have the lines, and the vitamin e took them away? i have never smoked a day in my life, and still have them...hate them.... thanks

Kathy1175 responded:
Try "Spiff Upper Lip" from Bliss. It really seems to help. It's a cream in a tube with a built-in brush applicator that you use at night. Very simple. (blissworld.com)

linda_aigp responded:
AFTER you apply your foundation, use a good brush and apply your concealer in the usual places (under eyes and in corner of eyes, beside nose and down the laugh line) then, vertically, on the lines on upper lip. PAT gently, then apply lip pencil, lipstick or light color gloss!

PeggySue1953 responded:
Try using BeautiControl Line Peel. It's a thick white paste that you apply to your lips daily. It exfoliates your lips and helps to smooth the tiny line around your mouth. It also removes the dead skin on your lips so your lipstick stays on longer and looks better. Included with the line peel is a jar of lip balm that you apply at night to help keep your lips soft. I have never been a smoker but I am nearly ten years older than you and I use it with great results. I think you can find the BeautiControl site at BeautiControl.com or possibly look in your yellow pages for a consultant.

aliclipse responded:
First of all, Congratulations on kicking the habit! Have you tried the BeautiControl Lip Apeel that was suggested in another post? I want to say upfront that I am a consultant... but I became a consultant after seeing results for myself! The Lip Apeel works great. It is a dual action system for lips. The Line Peel is a special exfoliator that helps minimize the appearance of vertical lines around the lips and removes any waxy lipcolor/chapstick builup. The Lip Balm soothes nad moisturizes your lips. The Line Peel is a masque that you apply and let dry for a few minutes and then wipe off. You follow it with the Lip Balm. You use the masque a few times a week, and the balm daily, or when needed, instead of a chapstick/balm. This is a ver affordable product at $19.00. I urge you to check it out... www.beautipage.com/alisonroy

Erinathebackplace responded:
Hi there, just want to suggest pure vitamin E. It firms, smooths, and tightens lines and wrinkles,oh, and plumps lips. love it and so does my mom. Just make sure its pure E. You can even cut open a vit. E gel capsule and use it pure from that. :grin:

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.