Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
my. husband is super against me doing my hair and makeup!!
rachel777 posted:
Im 22. been married for a little over a month. I've always took pride in my appearance and try to make myself presentable. Not just for me, but for my husband as well. Well just recently he doesn't ask me to not ddo it, he tells me I can't or he will find someone else who will follow his rules. When I say can't. I can't wear cute clothes. Can't look nice. Can't wear things that flatter my figure. . And I'm left wondering if I'm selfish for wanting to look nice, or if his demands are absurd and I'm just brainwashed by his control tactics. I tried the natural look but he can tell and throws my stuff away. I dunno what to do!! Is this normal, or acceptable? He says I disrespect our marriage cuz I do it even tho he tells me not to..

tessaem responded:
His behavior is NOT normal. Please look up information on the cycle of control and abuse...this kind of attitude and behavior doesn't lend itself well to a long term, emotionally and physically beneficial relationship. If he has already done things like tell you who you can see, talk to, work for, RUN.

nreyn3 responded:
I agree with tessaem. That is not healthy! Most definitly run! If you are doubtful at least go talk to someone at a local womens shelter, about warning signs, next steps, and places you can go for help. My suggestion is get out or at least get help while you still can.

rachel777 replied to tessaem's response:
Thanks. I did and we are now divorced

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.