Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
IS IT NORMAL?
An_254499 posted:
Two months ago i used too much harsh cleanser, my skin is super sensitive (i just got used to washing with water before that) , i just kept exfoliating and exfoliating. But everything got worst when i had an extremely emotional moment (i was stressed out and cried so hard), it became red and sore but i don't go to dermatologist because i thought it would go away on its own. But i still washed with harsh cleanser and exfoliated. But when my skin was so thin and dry (my skin is rather oily side) , i stop using cleanser and came back with water, just water, and no exfoliating too. Then my face developed crust over it and it is really thick, i thought it is healing. But the point is i just kept picking at it and then it just red and crust over again (for 2 months until now). Then i apply Fluocinolon acetonid for 3 days, the crusts became softer and about to fall. But again....i just...picked at it because i wanted it to fall fast, and because it was just so easy to pick off. When the all crust fell off (because i picked at it), it developed some rash and itchy. Then i go to dermatologist and he said i had a contact dermatitis and had me apply betamethasone valerate for 5 days and gave me antibiotics prescription too. When i took the pills, my whole face is incredibly dry, the rash is not itchy and red anymore, it is dry and crust over (again) but not thick like before. Does my skin become dry and crust again after taking antibiotic ok? Will it go away on its own if i leave it alone?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Don't shave your legs before a pedicure!Expert
Shaving the legs before going for a pedicure has been linked to an increase risk of infection from pedicure footbaths. This is because the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.