Skip to content


Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
Includes Expert Content
skin allergies
An_255406 posted:
I'm a physician who has had problems with allergies to topical OTC products. It began as a PABA sensitivity to sunblocks. I switched to PABA free but about 5 years later I developed a severe rash to several PABA free products. I also have developed erythema, pruritus and edema of my eyelids which I attribute to soaps, shampoo or shaving cream. What OTC products would you recommend to avoid an allergic reaction?
Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
I would highly suggest patch testing for you. Instead of randomly guessing/ spending money on various products that may cause a rash, you should definitively know.

Find a dermatologist in your area that uses the full North American Contact Dermatitis Series.

You will finally have the answers you are looking for
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

fairness cream
hi i used skin lite cream to get fairness and im fairer and i stop applying skin lite cream and i used local fairness creams to get ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.