Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
red sores on body
kanids posted:
Hi, I need to know what may possibly be happening to my 16 year old son. About a month ago we traveled from our home in New York to Disney World in Florida for a family vacation. While on vacation in FL, my son developed a rash on his neck that looked pinkish and blotchy that resembled hives. When we got back to NY, I took him to the walk-in and they gave him some type of allergy medicine that I later found out was suppose to go up his nose, and we had been putting it directly on his neck. However, the rash still disappeared although it took a while (whether it was due to the medicine or not we don't know). I doubt it because we were distributing it incorrectly. His doctor thought that the rash could have been a result of an antibiotic (Amoxicillin) that he was taking for facial acne. Although the rash disappeared after some time, he started breaking out with these bumps around the front and back of his thighs with several on the inside of his thighs that almost resembled infected pimples. He was also complaining of a sore scrotum but wouldn't show me because he is 16 and tried to tell me it was chaffing and needed Gold Bond, but I'm not sure it it's related or not. There are also a couple on his lower belly area but the majority is around his thigh area. Do you have any suggestions on what this could be?

atti_editor responded:
Hi kanids,

Is your son still experiencing these symptoms? If so, I suggest you make another appointment to speak with his doctor, or perhaps a dermatologist, about what is happening. He/she will be better able to determine what is going on after examining him.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.