Skip to content

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
My acne seem to never get any better
loveyoonji posted:
I am 16 years old female. I have been suffering for extreme acne for the past 5 years. I have tried tons of products to see which would work for me but my acne has always been the same. I have it all over my face which has brought down my self confidence. I've been going to see a dermatologist and she prescribed me two different topicals and pills, I've been using it but i still break out even though i use sun screen,moisturizer, toner, and my medication. I am so helpless now, i want to give up and have no hope left. Due to the strong medication, my chin, upper lips, forehead, and cheeks has been soooo red! I asked my dermatologist about it and she said it was a just reaction from my medication but will go away over time. It looks like i have rosacea but im positive that i dont, what can i do to help with my redness and acne?

mariajohnson responded:
Put ice cubes on your acne. You can also apply honey, toothpaste or lemon juice.

atti_editor responded:
Hi loveyoonji,

Here is a list of the top 8 acne treatment mistakes that might be helpful to look at -- just to rule out anything you might be doing. Also, here are some alternative remedies for acne that you might look into. While research into alternative treatments isn't conclusive, there are some studies that suggest the remedies listed in the above article may be beneficial.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.