Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for skin, hair or nail care tips? Considering cosmetic or anti-aging procedures? Get your questions answered here!

Find more info see our Healthy Beauty Center

If your question is not related to cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, or beauty please post it on Skin Problems & Treatments Community.
HELP!!! Skin problem! Advice needed
greeen27 posted:
My skin has always been ok except the part where zits keep popping up in the same places right after the old ones dries out. I started drinking loads of water and changed my pillow case once a week and the problem disappeared. However recently the evil zits are back and I have done everything I can think of to get rid of them! I switched to a face watch for acne prone skin (with the hypo acid) and tried to keep everything simple. But now my skin is just BAD! Zits won't stop popping out (I'm 21 btw) so please please any recommendations to help with the scaring and to reduce the frequency of the zits or any theories on why this happens?

Secondly: how do I get rid of blackheads? Any secret trick to saying sayonara to these unsightly blackheads? Thanks in advance!!

atti_editor responded:
Hi greeen27,

Acne that won't go away or keeps coming back can definitely be frustrating. Here are some common causes of acne. You might also be interested in this slideshow that answers some of the most common questions about adult acne and includes information on blackheads, different types of acne, and acne prevention. This slideshow offers some tips for clear skin that you might try -- not over-washing your face, using oil-free face wash, keeping your hands and hair away from your face, and other tips are included. Finally, this article (it's geared toward women but can work for men as well) discusses some treatment options, including microdermabrasion to reduce acne scarring.

You might also want to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist if your scarring is bad, if your acne doesn't clear in 6-8 weeks, or if it's effecting your social life or self esteem. There are prescription medications or different procedures that your dermatologist may suggest to get rid of persistent or severe acne. There may also be an underlying cause for your acne that once taken care of will help it clear up -- a dermatologist or your doctor may be able to help with this diagnosis.

Best wishes,
Atti

mariajohnson responded:
Hi, try applying rose water on your skin. Rose water is safe, natural and does not cause any harm or side effect to your skin.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Acne breakouts
Just wanted to pass along a tip for clearing acne breakouts. I found a herbal product that is called Acne Clear Results by Terra Therapies. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.